Welcome to the Website of Medical Deployment Services
Jamie and I provide two services at this office: Outpatient treatment for Opioid Addiction and Certification for Medical Cannabis. Both of these services have appropriate places in the treatment of medical issues. In certain circumstances, they can be used together.
Our facility is dedicated to meeting the needs of all individuals who use our services. This office is not run or owned by a large corporation. Our appointments are not brief interactions. You will be provided with enough time to discuss your concerns and allow me to guide you thru the process of treatment and recovery.
What was once the thrill of getting high has now become the desperate need to avoid getting sick. It has taken over your life, stripped away your dignity and destroyed your family relationships. You live in fear not knowing when or if you will get what you need to make it through the day. Simply put, your life has become tragic.
If you want help and wish to change your life, we will get you on the right path. You will be provided with a combination of buprenorphine (Suboxone or Subutex) and counseling.
The use of Medical Cannabis has been approved in Pennsylvania. Under the direction of the Department of Health, a list of qualifying medical indications has been created. As we gain more experience using this alternative treatment, this list will grow. This is an exciting time.
Individuals seeking certification have been as young as eight and some in their 90's. The most common indication has been for chronic pain but many have anxiety, PTSD, Inflammatory bowel disease, relapsing Multiple Sclerosis, Autism, Cancer—the list of indications goes on. Patient feedback regarding benefits has been consistently positive. So far, no adverse reactions, no side effects, no real disappointments. I initially thought that cannabis would be a compliment to existing conventional treatment. In many cases cannabis has replaced or greatly diminished the use of conventional therapy. The process of meeting with and certifying individuals for Medical Cannabis has been a wonderful experience. Hearing about the benefits obtained makes this even more meaningful,
ABOUT DR. LEVINSON
- Practicing Internist for 33 years
- Board Certified in Addiction Medicine
- Medical Director Clearfield County Prison
- SAMSHA Certified Buprenorphine Provider
- AAMRO Certified Medical Review Officer
- Fellow of the American Society of Addiction Medicine
- Diplomate of the American Board of Addiction Medicine
- Designated Civil Surgeon by the Department of Homeland Security
- Certifying Physician for Medical Cannabis PA Department of Health
- Medical Examiner for the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration
- Senior Investigator for Clinical Trials for Clinical Research Associates